Digital Skills is knowing how to access, evaluate, create and share resources using technology and the internet.
These skills are required for almost everything we do today.
Digital skills doesn’t always means being online (using ths internet).
Think about all the things you can do with your phone when you are not connected to the internet.
By knowing what you need, where to search and how to access it, you can build yourself into a highly skilled individual and that will reflect in your Job, Career and Business.
Here are 5 ways you can build digital skills for a successful Career and Business:
1. Look out for the digital skill set you need in your job/business.
If you are in business, social media skill is very important today.
The skills you acquire should help position you as the best person for your Job/Business.
2. Research professional and online resources in your niche, reach out to people and network with those who are in your field. You should try to be as specific as possible so that you don’t drown in too much information.
3. Think of yourself as a brand and look out for opportunities that help you contribute valuable information.
For example, teaching a topic in your niche here in this group is a good start. You may not really be an expert yet but once you know the areas you want to build on, come up with a topic, research on it, put it together and get started.
That’s how you start positioning yourself as a brand.
4. Create a more organized way of sharing content and information. This will strengthen your personal brand.
This is the time to use social media right. Share something in your niche at least once a day.
5. Always keep your skills updated and look out for trends in your industry.
Trends are always evolving. Don’t rely on last year’s news or even last month.
Just like Facebook is always getting us to update our version as well as other apps. We also need constant updates.
It doesn’t matter if what you doing doesn’t require you to be online all the time, always look out for information that will help you be better and do better.
Remember digital skills will allow you access useful resources, do better at your workplace/business, grow your business and help others grow their business, make positive social change.
If you are in business, in addition to using Facebook, you should also setup account on Tweeter and Instagram. These platforms will help you reach a lot of people who probably need what you have to offer.
To get started, you just need an email address.
When engaging on social media, graphics are good with helping you create engagement. I shared a 3mins video where I used Canva for Phone in my Facebook Community.